March 22, 2014

The Adventure continues.....(December '13)



. . . . . .Wow. What a great week! We found a few more people, and they seem really prepared. One girl is named Pamela, and she's awesome!!! We're gonna take her to an FHE tonight at a members house, let's hope it all goes well!

It's getting hotter and hotter here. I've never in my life been so close to the sun. Even though it's actually hotter (degree wise) back home in Utah during the summer, we're right here on the equator (close enough) so you just feel the sun a lot more. It's soooooooooooo strong. I'm wearing sunblock like none other, but it doesn't help when we're walking and walking and walking and I sweat it all off. For some reason, we walked more this week than any other week! And guess what....my shoes have holes in them! HAHAHAHA I'm actually pretty bumbed because it's my Sperry's, but I'm really impressed they've held up for TEN months! The holes are pretty bareable still, but within a month or so....who knows haha. But just goes to show how much walking we do!

Yeah, I watched the Christmas Devotional, but it was in Spanish. Just not the same. When I have time, I'll have to watch it again, but in English. Not that I didn't understand, but it's just not the same to hear a translation!

I'M TURNING 21 THIS WEEK...SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???? And I also turn 10 months in the mission. Time is flying by faster and faster every day! I seriously can't believe it!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone's well and enjoying that snow!!!!!! That sounds so good right now haha. We have to sleep with the windows open, no blankets, and a fan going.....and I still die and sweat bullets. BUT I STILL LOVE THE HEAT. YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT THAT. Hahaha. 

Me & the daughter of the family we live with.


. . . . .Well this week, nothing super spectucular happened, but we found a few new investigators! So I suppose that is pretty spectucular :) We found this family that lives out on the peninsula of Iquique, a mom and her two kids. She's more or less interested, the son the same, but the daughter, who's 17 years old, she's super interested! She's so nice, and she's not afraid to ask us something if she doesn't understand or something she heard that she wants to know if it's true. She went to church yesterday and there was a Christmas devotional as well. She went to both and loved it! I hope she prays and gets an answer that this is the true church of Christ!! Speaking of the devotional, it was for the whole stake, and they had a choir.  They aren't the most musically gifted people here in Chile, but the choir started off with Heark! The Herald Angels Sing, and it was soooo good! I was really impressed. Made me a little bit sad because I've been in a choir practically my whole life, and this was the first Christmas I wasn't in a choir. Haha, oh well, I still enjoyed it :)

Well, I expected my birthday to really be nothing, being in the mission and all, but Heavenly Father showed me how many people really do care about me!!! The 1st counselor and his wife called me up and sang to me Happy Birthday, then later on we passed by their house and they gave me a little gift. So sweet of them. He kind of reminds me of Papa haha! That day we had lunch with a less active, and when we sat at the table, much to my surprise...you'll never believe it...HOT WINGS. I pretty much died. Okay, they were NOTHING close to how hot wings really should be, but in Chile, it was as close as I was gonna get, and seriously, it made me feel so good that they remembered that that was my FAVORITE FOOD in the whole world, and that they made it for me! Such great people. Then the members we live with gave me a cake and sang to me. It really was a pretty special day :)

Well, that's about it for this week!   Ciao!


My Birthday!

Iquique


¡¡¡Feliz Navidad!!!     ¡Que Dios les bendiga! 

. . . . .The work is going and all is well! Just waiting for the New Year to pass because everyone is on vacation haha, we need them to come back so we can teach them some more!!!


The district (with the ZLs) on Christmas eve (the DLs birthday)



No comments:

Post a Comment