March 19, 2014

Catching up, part 4...(November '13)

. . . . Well this week really wasn't the best. It was just like what you hear about the mission when you hear the rough parts. We walked and walked and walked and nobody opened the door. All of the baptismal dates we set have now fallen. No one wanted to go to church, or even answer our phone calls. It was a really discouraging week, but I know I can't let it get to me. When there's weeks this bad, there's always something awesome waiting around the corner :)

Oh yeah, guess what?! I got tonsilitis again. Hahahah but it wasn't as bad as the last time I had it. We stopped it before it could get really bad. But don't worry, all better now. I just have a stuffy nose hahaha.

Well, not much else to say this week!!! Let's hope next week is better! 


P-Day


. . . . Well, I think there's something I'm supposed to learn this transfer, because this week was just as bad as last week. Yesterday, we literally had serveral houses yell at us and kick us out/slam the door in our faces. Still no investigators progressing. How much longer is this to go on? President Dalton was in Iquique on Saturday, and he talked about finding new people. Now that Christmas is coming up, we can go caroling. I hope we find some people, because our sector is struggling. But we're still giving it everything we've got. Last night I cried and cried. It's good to cry. Helped my relax a little bit more. I know things will get better eventually.

This morning we hiked another big mountain! Haha, I know I said I'd never do it again, but this was a different one, and it was actually a lot easier. Still unbelievably hard, but not so hard I wanted to chop off my legs like the other mountain. This one was called Cerro Dragón, or Dragon Hill for the gringos ;) It always feels good to come up on top :)
I'm dying in the heat here. And it's not even technically summer yet!!!! Oh boy, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I already have a nice tan going on....I'm sweating bullets here! But it's all part of the missionary experience, no? Haha. But I still love the heat more than the cold!!!! I just can't go swimming...oh well haha. It's not like I have the ocean and pretty beaches to tempt me...haha kidding.
Well, that's about it for this week! Let's pray someone's waiting for their life to be changed forever.


. . . . This week was a little better. We actually recieved quite a few references from members! We taught them the first lesson which is the restoration, and it really helps them feel the Spirit of when they heard it for the first time, and all they wanna do is share!! So that was something good this week :) We're working with this one investigator who is really awesome. She says she's really confused about which church is true (Joseph Smith). She reads the Bible and she notices that people do things differently in the church she goes to (Joseph Smith). She has this huge desire to know the truth and pray to God to get the answer (Joseph Smith). We taught her the Restoration, and she said she believed it. But the only thing she doesn't really grasp is that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church with the authority, or the priesthood. Everytime we go we have to explain a little more. But I sure hope she progresses well! We took the bishop's daughter with us to the last lesson, and it was awesome. We were also able to teach the husband!!! There is hope!

 The sun is so dang strong here. I put sunblock on everyday, and guess what, I'm finally tan the first time in my life. I may have weird tan lines, but I'm tan. It's weird haha. And my hair is getting a lot lighter. GAH I'M CHANGING. I also speak Spanish! You won't be able to recognize me when I get home! hahahah

I miss everybody, take care!  Hermana Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment