March 29, 2014

More of my adventure.....(February '14)


In my last post I mentioned that I was afraid of dying young and my mom said to me "your fear comes mostly from missing out on things you want to do more than dying itself"...that was it, the fear of dying thing...not that I doubted in the plan of salvation, just the fear of not being able to live my life, go home, study, get married, make babies, stuff like that. But this last Wednesday we had interviews, and I talked to president about it. He had something super interesting to say. He said that throughout his life, when he sees that someone is about to pass away, they seem peaceful, like..."Yeah, I lived a good, full life" or along the lines that they're happy with God's will or I don't know, something like that. But what he saw in me was completely opposite  and he told me that God knows that he, President Dalton, couldn't handle a missionary dying on his watch, and then he looked me dead in the eyes and promised me that I would finish my mission, come home to you all, get married, have kids, and be a grandma. I felt completely calm after that. Cool experience.

Not much happened this week. Just the same ol' same ol'. I hope all is well in casa, and remember, the will of God is always what's better for us, even if we don't understand it. Don't doubt. Doubting? So ask.

Hermana Howell

********************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone :)

Well, this week was kind of a bummer and slow. Not much happened when it comes to progressing investigators. We had to cut almost all of the people we were teaching for one reason or another. We didn't find anyone new either. Oh well, have to start over that's all.

This morning we went to Humberstone, a ghost town more inland. It was so sweet to see the whole town all old and what not. Aside from the millions of houses, they had a theatre, hospital (creepy), grocery store, school, church, hotel, dance hall, pool, EVERYTHING. It was creepy and old, like Grafton, but HUGE. I took TONS of pictures, but I'm only sending the coolest ones. And everything there was original! All the same stuff has been there since it's been abandoned. SWEET, cool place to take pics :)

Sorry this email is so short, but really, nothing happened this week. This week will be better :) 
Love,

Hermana Howell




























********************************************************************************************************

Hey y'all!

Well, we officially have no one to work with. This last week, our final hopes of progressing investigators went down the drain. We visited that family I told you about that we met in the Registro Civil...yeah well they told us that we're always welcome in their house, but they'd rather not continute with the lessons. They said they don't see themselves in church or really doing anything we believe in....NOOOOOOOOO they were so perfect too. So then we really had ZERO investigators. Boy this sector is tough. But we did have a lesson with an investigator yesterday that we kinda left alone for awhile...I hope and pray she feels the Spirit, and that we're teaching with it too! We have transfers this next week...and the rumor is I'm staying. You really never know, it could just be a rumor to get me stressed, but hey, if I gotta stay another transfer, there's something I gotta do here that I still haven't done yet.

Well, I completed a year this last week. Weird. Never thought this day would come haha. Thursday was like, oh yeah, a year ago I went to the MTC....cool. Not much different. But my lovely missionary friends here did give me a cake and sang to me! Well, another Elder "completed" his two years, so that sang to him too. He's ending his mission this...Saturday??? CRAZZZZYYYY. But really, I can't believe how fast the time has flown. We gotta enjoy every minute we're given, because we can't get them back.

Wow, look at those blessings of tithing and having a missionary. God really does help out in every facet of life. 

Lots of love!

Hermana Howell

Happy one year to me! (and two for Elder Oliva)

********************************************************************************************************

Cambios!

Well, would you look at that. Another transfer went by, and I've only got 4 to go. FOUR. The time passes by way too fast. I guess by now that you can see that I'm writing Tuesday morning because, yes, I got transferred. FINALLY GOT OUT OF IQUIQUE. Man I was there forever. It was a good forever, but still, I was relieved to hear that I was leaving. And technically, I'm STILL not in my sector, and probably won't be until tomorrow morning....

I've been transferred to Taltal. It's this super tiny town on the coast, and me and my new companion, Hermana Carranza from Argentina, we're the first sister missionaries EVER, in the history of that town, to serve there. GAHHH. I've never opened a sector before, but it should be really good. I'm so excited. And I met Hermana Carranza while serving in Arica. She leaves in 2 transfers, and she's so awesome. I'm really excited to work with her.

So Hermana Pack (a sister who was in the MTC with me) and I left Iquique about 10 in the morning yesterday. She's going to El Salvador, another teeny tiny town about two hours from Taltal. (Sidenote, me and Hna. Pack went to Copiapò together too when we first got to Chile. It was like good ol' times!) So we got on the bus and headed down south. We stopped like 4 different times, and FINALLY got to Chañaral about 9:30 last night (almost 12 hours!). Well, we stayed the night here in Chañaral (Hna. LeFevre's here!!!! Yay!!) and our bus to Taltal was at 6:45 this morning. So we woke up early and everything, and got to the bus station RIGHT at 6:45, and the bus had already left. Great. The next bus for Taltal leaves at 6 in the afternoon, but there's only one seat open. We're gonna go in the afternoon and see maybe if someone misses the bus, but if not, we gotta wait til TOMORROW morning! Oh, what an adventure. SOOO I might be in Taltal by tonight, but hopefully for sure by tomorrow! Chañaral is also about 2 hours away. The crazy part is that we're all part of the same zone! Because we're all these tiny towns in the middle of nowhere, so every week we have to travel to Chañaral to have district meeting. That should be fun :) But really, I'm super excited. This was the change I needed I think. Hermana Quispe is staying in Iquique training! I hope all goes well with that!

Well, that's pretty much what happened this week! I hope all is well at home. I love you all!!!

Hermana Howell

me saying goodbye to the first counselor and his wife in Iquique

saying goodbye to my good missionary friends of Barrio Renacimiento, Iquique

No comments:

Post a Comment