July 2, 2013

Bye President Bruce, hello fleas & earthquakes :/


Well, we finally got in touch with Marta and she was confirmed Sunday! ¡Por fin! Such a relief.

So we had our last conference with President Bruce on Friday. It was so sad. I've never seen so many Elders cry. I think it is one of the worst things that could happen to a missionary. We all took pictures and then had to say goodbye. The last words President Bruce said to me were "Ok my little girl, you're a great missionary. Keep it up while I'm gone." President Dalton has some big shoes to fill.... But I'm sure he will be great. Oh, as we were leaving the conference, there was a man in the street dancing...he had been drinking and he was shaking his hips. It was so funny!

Hahahahahahahaha que vergüenza....I have had problems with fleas. I haven't looked for dryer sheets because we don't have a dryer (dryer sheets work to keep the fleas away)...plus, we have someone do our laundry for us. And no one has dryers. So they might not have dryer sheets here. But that would be cool if you send those too!

We found a new investigator this week. She seems promising. She's a doctor, so it'll be hard to get her to church because she works so much, but we're praying hard!

We've had a couple little earthquakes here, which I hate, but it's really good at the same time, because if there's a bunch of little ones, then there's no big ones! I'd rather the earth move a little at a time then all at once...and they say Northern Chile is due for a whopper...NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Let's just hope the little ones keep on coming.

Well, love you all!

Until next week,
Hermana Howell

My zone with the President and his wife. 

Me, President Bruce, and Hermana Bruce for the last time :(

"Churrasco pobre"....so huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment