June 14, 2014

Alms for the Poor

So, I tell you about this great week? Yeah, so we were able to meet with our investigator, Karla, you know, the one who's gonna get married and then baptized? Well, this week we taught her the Law of Chastity, Word of Wisdom, and Tithinng and Fast offerings...she took it so well. She was all like "I guess I gotta quit drinking tea. Oh well. Fun while it lasted." hahah, but she is perfect! We just can't wait! The days don't pass fast enough!!

Yesterday, we went with this couple in the ward (the husband is Elders Quorum Pres and she's Relief Society Pres) and with another brother from the ward, and we went out and gave food to the homeless. It was so fun and awesome to meet and talk with people and hear their stories. A lot of them were surprised to see us because people don't just give them food....and hope for a better life! One lady started crying, and another young man was really touched and almost cried. I really liked it.

There's not much to report this week, but I just wanna say that serving a mission is the best!!!! I hope you're all having a great a time as I am!

Love,
Hermana Jennifer Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment