April 24, 2013

Investigators :)


April 22, 2013


How's it goin? Not much new to report. Well, I guess there is every week haha, but it´s generally the same idea!

We found an investigator who speaks English! She's from Hungary but her husband works here, so that's why she's here! As soon as she opened the door, she said ¨No hablo español.¨ And I said "Do you speak English?" She said yes, and it went on from there. We taught her and her husband the Restoration, but it was hard for them to understand the priesthood authority part. She´s Roman Catholic and he's Orthodox...it was hard, and I don´t think they still fully understand it, but we're going to work more with them obviously so they can understand!!!!

On the other hand, we found Aldo, who said he believed that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Hermana García invited him to pray to confirm that testimony, and he said, "Ok, but I already believe it."  And we invited him to church, but he didn't come. WHYYYYYYYYY??? But hopefully he was telling the truth hahah.

You know how they say you have a twin somewhere in the world. I think they're all in Chile. I've found a ton that look like people I know, just the Chilean version haha, it's creepy!

Jocelyn (we found out how she really spells her name hahahahhaha)...I don't know what's going on. We talked to her about baptism, and we haven't seen her for 4 days. One reason is her family, but I don't think she has a testimony of Joseph Smith. Our next lesson, if we can ever find her again, will definitely be about him and prophets and general. Wish us luck!

On the other hand, Matías (have I mentioned him before?) wants to get baptized this Saturday. The only problem is that he's 12, so we need guardian permission, and we can never find his grandma to talk to her and I think she's mad that Matías wants to be baptized. We´re praying really hard!

Well, that's it for this week! 

Hermana Howell


This is part of the missionaries from my zone on P-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment